lördag 8 mars 2014

A night on the streets of Paris


I've had a nice evening at Konserthuset here in the city! Me and Sofie saw Crashdiet play - a Swedish band that I have followed for many years now and very much like. It's not easy to support yourself as a rock musician nowadays and with all of the bad luck that these guys have had, it's a wonder that they have the strength to keep on going. But I am glad they do! Their music have cheered me up more times than I can count. I had a quick chat with the bassist Peter, who I have the best contact with, which was nice since I haven't seen him in a while.


These days I don't get the same kick out of going to gigs, I mostly just see the trouble with it. But up until about a year ago I went to gigs at least once or twice a month. Sometimes I really miss those epic once-in-a-lifetime-moments. In 2011 we spent a night on the streets of Paris. Crashdiet played a gig there with two other great bands; Blackrain and Kissin Dynamite. The bands were from Sweden, France and Germany... and the fans came flying in from all of the world to join the fun. The place where we had the after party ended up closing but we had too much fun making new friends. So all of us decided to walk accross the street to a small bar which was open. I will never forget the face on that ONE bartender when we all came streaming in! A couple of tired frenchmen had to give room to who knows how many rock n rollas! I came back to the hotel as the sun came up and a few hours later we went to the airport to go home...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar